Saturday, August 20, 2011

TUTORIAL and My Look: Smokey Black and Silver Eyes

Hello, Beautiful!:) I got a text last night from my friend. She asked me to do a Smokey Eyes tutorial, I was planning on posting it next week but I'm in the mood today to play with my make-up and I'm going out with friends. Now, is perfect for a smokey eye look!:) I'm gonna do a Smokey Eyes tutorial series here using different colors so you can do different styles.:)

First step, I primed my eyes and used a black base to make the black shadow more intense..
NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Black Bean

I used ELF primer (the one that looks like a concealer stick) (You can totally skip the primer and shadow base step. I just used it so the colors will appear intense in the photos..)

Second step, I picked a silver shadow and put it in the inner third of my eye.
ULTA Eyeshadow Palette

photo from iPhone.. sorry my cam was lowbat while doing the makeup..


Third step, I used the darker, sort of grayish shadow and dabbed it on the middle of my lid..


Fourth step, Blend the two colors together so you won't see a line between each color.:)

Fifth step, then I picked a black shadow, placed it on the outer V of my eye..




Repeat step 4.

Sixth step, used the black shadow and brushed it on my lower lash line..

Seventh step, I used a blending brush with a shadow that's darker than my skin tone and brushed it on my crease in a windshield wiper motion. You'll achieve a more defined crease at the same time you're blending your shadow.


Eight step, I picked a shimmery white eyeshadow and dabbed it on my tearducts.

Ninth Step, I lined my water line, tight line and upper lash line with a black eyeliner pencil.
Tenth step, MASCARA!:) two coats is perfect!:) didn't took a picture of it coz to most people, seeing someone curling their lashes and putting mascara looks scary...:)))


THAT's ALL FOR THE EYES!:) 10 steps!
final look of the eyes.. (without blush and lip color)
I just put a grey shadow on my brows and foundation. I also concealed my red spots and under eye circles coz as you can see I don't have a perfect skin!:)



For my cheeks, I used a pink blush on the apples of my cheeks..
I used the lighter pink blush. The one on the right side


For the lips, I used a pale shimmery pink color


Here's the final look!:)






I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and have fun recreating it!:)

Thank you again for visiting!:) leave a comment!:) -Sam

2 comments: